Thursday 14 October 2010

Armadillo Peccadillo

Please do not ask for an explanation of this title. I am merely fond of assonance. It is my right to be slap-dash, illogical, and downright ridiculous. 

Anyway, I digress. I came here today to beg for your clemency. There is little excuse for failing to regularly update my blog.  For this, I apologise. Three threadbare entries per month is, dare I say it, pathetic. Of the great diarists throughout history, I do not believe that any have suffered from what can only be termed ‘inertia’. Samuel Pepys did not flinch from his testimonial duties as the Bubonic Plague was sweeping like wildfire through our beloved Britannia; neither did Anne Frank complain of errant Nazis disrupting her creative zen. 

No, I shall not recline here in stately majesty and pretend that I have been wronged. The fault rests with me alone. As such, I feel that you all deserve an explanation. Perhaps you attest, quite rightly, that no amount of grovelling on my part could cleanse me of that grotesque peccadillo: negligence. I have washed my hands more fervently than Pontius Pilate and still the blood of my neglect remains.
*Note to self: Stop making comparisons with historical/mythological figures. Readers will interpret a big-headedness of such magnitude that you will surely be guillotined.*

So you want the truth? You would like me to cease this procrastination and get to the point? Well then, allow me to elucidate: for the last month I have marooned myself at my piano with a hermit-like zeal that would make St Benedict proud. *Oh dear*
I have toiled ceaselessly with a plethora of melodies, fashioning each into a nugget of soaring baritone. Kites recently released ‘Take the Reins’. There is more to follow.

For now, I shall bid you farewell and re-enter my self-imposed exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment